So, it has been busy since being accepted into the OPW OpenMRS internship. This is what I have done so far:
Set up a dev environment for OpenMRS that uses the UIFramework and Reference Application.
Here are some useful links and information if you would like to do the same:
- The first step is to create a module:
- Next make this module work with the UIFramework:
- Now you are ready to make this work with the AppFramework:
- first set up a development environment that can work with the reference application.
- Next follow this App Framework step by step guide:
That should get you set up. I managed to create a quick proof of concept file upload app using the above steps.
Some other things from the past week:
My mentor has been great. He has made plenty of time for me and we have had meetings with various people to drive out the needs for my project, Concept Management Tools.
There has been a lot of discussion around how to handle the SNOMED data and the best way to get the mappings taken care of.
Here is a link to the mockup for downloading a spreadsheet to start the work on getting some of the mappings to SNOMED or other sources into the database:
I will leave it at that for this week. I am sure more detail will be driven out in the next week to put in my blog.